This week we woke up to a Texas style blizzard! As you can see the seasons are a bit confused, the leaves have just fallen, and the snow is now topping them off. We still have several trees that are full of leaves. I am unsure if they will fall at all...
| The back yard after our "first snow" |
I wrapped up my first semester this week. The semester was off to a slow start, however over the course of the past few months I feel much better about it. Next semester I will continue to take classes, and I have two assistantships--one teaching and one doing research. The research I will be working on with my advisor will center mostly on childhood obesity--which is a topic that interests me. In addition to that, last week I had my first workshop here in Dallas for bumble+bliss, which went great. It has been slow to get started here because I am working from scratch. Unfortunately Dallas does not have the variety of parent organizations that I had been working with in Chicago. I will have some free time over the next few weeks and I hope to get some more events underway.
David has been keeping busy at work, and in the next two months and he has a few large projects that will be demanding most of his time. In the mean time, he suggests everyone try out the Stacy's Gingerbread and Simply Cocoa Pita Chips that are only around for a few more weeks. Also, the new Tostitos Cantina line is delicious as well.
This week has been busy with holiday parties and dinners and best of all another Redskins victory today! The last of the furniture is assembled, and the office is starting to come together slowly.
When we were making home from the 'burbs for a holiday party last week, we stopped by the Frisco Town Center. The lights are very impressive and synched to music, David took this video out of our sunroof.
No comments:
Post a Comment