Thursday, December 6, 2012

Decking the Halls



After spending hours (more than I care to count) putting together IKEA furniture for the Thanksgiving holiday I was thrilled to find out that we had no furniture left to put together. Although I felt a huge sense of accomplishment after putting together basically half of our house, lets just say that I am glad that the part of my life is over. 
So with our place feeling more put together we decided to put up the Christmas tree and decorate our place with a little holiday cheer. It is always fun to play some holiday music and give the place some seasonal treatment.
It feels very strange however given that the temperature has been consistently in the mid to upper 70's. Everyday Denaye and I say how much we love the Texas winters but I have a feeling that come February, I may miss having a little cold weather. But what the beautiful weather has meant is plenty of outdoor dining and neighborhood walks which has been a treat. We continue to explore the extensive Dallas taco scene with a great place that has some “gourmet” tacos. Basically it means big tacos with some very interesting and unique ingredients like cornmeal catfish, curry chicken and hamburger ( both of which were delicious)
The Velvet Taco

So it is officially the holiday season which is exciting as we look forward to seeing our friends and family in the upcoming weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment