We both successfully finished our first week of school and work, enjoyed some time off for the long weekend, and enjoyed some great news on Monday afternoon. The state of Texas missed the memo that Labor Day has passed and summer is now unofficially over. The next 3 days we are looking at highs of: 104, 102, and 106! To give you an idea of how hot and dry it really is, last week I took a shower and went out with my hair wet to check the mail, by the time I got back in my hair was dry. Overall I don't mind it (yet), because I know the end is in sight--although one of my classmates said the temperature hit 100 degrees on a recent Halloween!
So far, one of my favorite things about Dallas is
Central Market.
Central Market is a chain of supermarkets in Texas that is designed to compete with
Whole Foods, and dare I say that it is actually a little better? The stores are huge and very well designed. I am pretty sure I could spend an entire weekend just walking around and eating the samples.
 |
| A sign that welcomes you to the parking lot |
 |
| The vegetables packed on ice in neat rows |
 |
| Stacey's Pita Chips (the line David is working on at Frito-Lay) above many flavors of self-serve hummus |
I felt a little funny taking photos at a grocery store, and on my way out I noticed a sign that said "Please, no photos." That made me feel a little better, at least I wasn't the first person that felt compelled to do so.
On Sunday after church we spent the day downtown (our temporary apartment is in the 'burbs). We went to the
Dallas Museum of Art and the
Nasher Sculpture Center . We attempted to visit the originial, flagship
Neiman Marcus but found it closed so we will save that for another day.
 |
| Interactive art |
 |
| the sculpture garden |
In the next photo, Lucy is gazing out of the window dreaming about her new, fenced in backyard! We put a bid in on the house I wrote about last week that we really liked, (or loved if you ask me, although David says he will never fall in love with a house--but two years ago he said he would never love a dog either so we shall see). Anyways, after quite a bit of negotiating our bid was accepted and we signed the contract.
The house is a little over 2200 sqft and has 4 bedroom, 2.5 baths. It is fully updated, although we may look to replace some carpet, paint, or other minor things. We are very excited, it has some amazing trees and the best backyard of all houses that we looked at. It is a great location. This was our first choice of neighborhoods--walking distance to lots of restaurants, shops, and a Whole Foods, and convenient to the highways. The inspection is scheduled for Monday, so assuming all goes well with that and the appraisal we should be moved in by the end of October.
LOVE the casa. Maybe Jorge, Bebe M, and I will be the first house guests...? :-)
ReplyDelete