I think I can finally say that we are officially moved in. All of our belongings are in the house at least, and probably about 50% unpacked at this point. It took a full week to complete the floors, so Halloween was the first day we were allowed back into the house. We celebrated by passing out candy to trick or treaters, carving pumpkins, and eating Torchy's Tacos on our wedding china.
Lucy wanted to be a squirrel this year. She spends hours chasing them, tries to climb the trees, and even eats acorns on occasion, so I thought it was only fitting. She has become quite the escape artist in the backyard, finding ways to sneak out on at least two occasions. She didn't go far, I found her in the front yard hanging out watching the trick-or-treaters go by the first time. David spent almost an entire day fixing some wire to the iron gate so she wouldn't be able to get through again. Our back fence is in pretty rough shape too with missing planks, fortunately it's schedule to be replaced next week.
Moving day was Thursday. Or maybe I should call it Christmas Day, because we found lots of things we forgot we had--a significant amount of our belongings have been in storage since before we moved to Chicago. Everything went smoothly! We have done quite a bit of unpacking since, however, we did take some time Saturday night to make a trip to Billy Bob's, the World's Largest Honky Tonk. Just another day in Texas...
We do have one room almost set up, the formal living/dining room. It still needs a rug but otherwise we were able to use all the furniture we already had.
No comments:
Post a Comment