Monday, October 15, 2012

O-H, I-O!

The past weekend we made a trip back to southern Ohio for a wedding. Friday night we arrived late and stayed in Oxford. Conveniently, David had a meeting there on Saturday morning for the Young Alumni committee that he is on. It was a quick trip. I spent a couple hours enjoying the beautiful fall day and reminiscing around campus at Miami. The school is in the process of building a new student center and the construction is well under way. We are hoping it is complete by the time we are back for another visit.

Miami is especially beautiful in the fall. I walked around by McCracken, my old dorm and my favorite spot on campus, and took some photos. The leaves are just starting to change, my phone camera didn't really do it justice. 
We had a quick lunch at La Bodega, which was the site of our first date almost 10 years ago. David was even wearing the same shirt he had on that day!
After lunch we headed to Dayton for the wedding of Jackie and Joe, some of our friends from Kellogg. We had a great time, it was fun to catch up with friends. 
The wedding band brought some fun masks to wear during the reception, I think David found the creepiest one.  
On Sunday morning we met my sister Kayla for lunch and to see her dorm--her room was cleaner than I have ever seen it before at home! We walked around in Hyde Park, a neighborhood in Cincinnati, and then she took us around campus to see the football stadium. 
We made it back to Texas late in the evening on Sunday. It was a full weekend, but we were able to fit a great deal in! Today we met at the title agency to officially close on our house. Everything went as planned, and we will have possession of it this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment