Sunday, October 7, 2012

Fried Texas

We are wrapping up another weekend in Texas. We went out to dinner in our new neighborhood Friday night. It was nice to find another good neighborhood spot to visit once we move--it was located in the strip mall near our house. I am not sure if I will ever get used to going to restaurants in strip malls--but that's Dallas. Next door to the restaurant was a Pet-co, so we made a quick stop to buy some food for Lucy. We didn't find any food, but we did find Lucy's long lost mate, Ricky! I am pretty sure based on his photo that David is smitten with this little brown dog, but he veto'ed the idea of another puppy nonetheless. 
Saturday morning David was off on his first bicycle trip with the "Cheezy Riders," which is Frito-Lay's cycling group. He did not get many photos, but you can somewhat make out the man in the photo with Chester Cheetos jersey under his rain jacket. It was cold and rainy, but he had fun. I spent the entire wet, rainy day grading student papers, so I missed out on the on the spectating this time. 
I did get a big haircut. I have been planning for a long time to donate it to Pantene's Beautiful Lengths program, who uses it to make wig's for cancer patients. I went in and asked to have 8 inches cut to donate, and somehow the stylist did not measure correctly and cut 12 inches. Its the shortest it has been in a long time, but I like it!
Checking out a home decor store, pretty sure we won't be purchasing anything from here. We close on our house next week! 
After church Sunday, we went to the Texas State Fair to meet some friends. It was a lot of fun, and we indulged in a few treats. Enjoy the photos!
We took a ride on the ferris wheel
Had some great views from the top. There were so many rides, even a handful of small roller coasters
This menu gives a preview of some of the fried foods they had to offer
Friend Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwich
Fried Cookie Dough (My favorite)
Fried Bubblegum (David's favorite)
Fried Oreo
Great freshly made corn dog 
Boris, the half ton pig.

No comments:

Post a Comment